Friday, July 24, 2009

I want to break into acting...but?

Hello!



I have always wanted to break into acting (not theatre, but on-screen acting, like TV, commercials, movies, etc). I always look for auditions online, but I can never seem to find any roles...I am a 16-year-old African American girl. I am 5'8", slender (but well proportioned--people always tell me I have a beautiful figure), light-skinned, with healthy shoulder length hair (well about an inch or two past shoulder length). All of the roles I ever see for my age range are usually for Caucasian or Asian people, which doesn't help. Does anyone know of any good agencies that would help me to break into acting? Any good websites that have alot of casting calls? I can travel to the SF Bay Area or Sacramento area, even LA if needed. Also, any tips on how to get into acting?



(I also want to model...if you have any information on that, please give =) Thanks!!!!!!)



I want to break into acting...but?

I would start out by taking acting classes. I'm assuming you're in CA - there are tons of private and open acting classes in pretty much every area of the state. Check out this website: http://www.thespiannet.com/acting_school...



Most teachers have connections and know where to look for casting calls and agents...it's really all about who you know and finding where everything is.



I want to break into acting...but?

It is impossible for anyone under 18 to do much about becoming an actor without the help of their parents due to child labor laws.



My "business" (in quotes because I do not charge anything) is helping people become actors. And I can help a little about modeling as well.



Read my profile and write me at my aol address for more info.



I want to break into acting...but?

You need acting experience, you can't just, as you say, break into acting.



Join the Community Theater in your city, so you can get acting experience. If you are in school, join the drama club.

No comments:

Post a Comment