Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dating standards: picky vs settling?

I have a 29 year old female friend, who is trying to find a long term relationship. She complains that she can't find the right guy. She is white, dyed blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'7" , and the kicker 240 pounds. She says the only dates she gets are from unemployed guys, guys living with parents, older guys (over 35), or black/asian guys. She also will not date a smoker or a drug user. She also doesn't like short guys, hairy guys, or guys that are too skinny (under 150 lbs) or too fat (over 320 lbs). She also has bi-polar and has irritable mood swings.



The age limit is interesting, because when she is 40+, will see be attracted to older men, or will she still try for 25-35. I do agree with her on the non-smoker and non-drugs, because of health reasons.



Are her standards too high, or is she wise not to settle?



Dating standards: picky vs settling?

Big girls need love too - they shouldn't be expected to settle! She does sound a little picky - I only say that because almost all of her criteria are based on looks. This can cause a problem, seeing as she may have already eliminated any possibilities with Mr. Perfect because he is a little hairy.



As for the age thing. I used to not date guys that were in there 30's - that seemed so old! But now that I'm almost 25, 30 + is super hot and ideal for me! So I think her tastes will probably mature as she gets older



Dating standards: picky vs settling?

umm....whats wrong with black/asian men?



Dating standards: picky vs settling?

I'm a lot picker than that but I'm also not overweight and I don't have mental problems like being bi-polar (no offense) and I'm still young. Let her have her high standards...someone that meets them will come around...she shouldn't settle for anything less than what she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment