Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm an American but of African descent, I speak English do that make me an English man or an Eu

I'm an American but of African descent I speak english,do that make me an English man or a person from Great Britain.



Now my friend is from Dominica and he speak spanish, he is all so of African descent but do not know it.So he think he is a descendant of Spain just because he speak a form of spanish. He have the same skin color,hair ,eyes, and facial structure as me, But the U.S.A want to put him and all hispanish that are of African descendants in a different group as hispanish why? There are many different group of people who speak spainsh the Mayans,some native american, asian and why is this because the spanish took over there land and fouse there lanugage on to them. So my question is just because we speak the lanuage in the country that we live in, do are race change. I'm of African descent but I speak english and spanish,however I'm not descendant from the European race just because I speak spanish and English. Is hispanish a race or just something the USA Gov made up?



I'm an American but of African descent, I speak English do that make me an English man or an European?-more

Don't you think that you're getting a tad extreme here? If you want to be an American then "CAN" the African descent stuff. This African-American stuff doesn't wave with me. I'm an American with European descent. Does that make me:



A European-American?



An English-American?



A British-American?



A British-Scottish-Irish American?



Or



An American?



I'm an American but of African descent, I speak English do that make me an English man or an European?-more

Your race or nationality is not based on the language you speak. Its more based on your heritage or decent. So if you are an american and are of african decent you are considered an afrian american (or as i like to say a black american...if you arent actually from africa). If you're ancestors are from say Spain...you are hispanic, from japan or china, asian. It doesnt matter if you speak english, french, spanish or even sign language. Like the guy above me said and i feel this is true for alot of the younger generations, who are from america and havent lived anywhere eles...we are just americans.



I'm an American but of African descent, I speak English do that make me an English man or an European?-more

Linux. Hard drive. Internet. Proxies and how to circumvent them: these are on-topic discussions.



Borders. Language. Culture: these are off-topic discussions.



I'm an American but of African descent, I speak English do that make me an English man or an European?-more

No... just makes you an American who happens to speak the common language that is used here.I have European decent, but I was not born there, have not been there, and without none of that culture and whatnot, I'm no more European then you are.



Your friend is not descended from someplace based on his language... it's whatever the genes are to be descended, and identity whatever your birth Nationality is.

No comments:

Post a Comment