Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jesus, and His Looks...?

Okay, I just want to be open minded right now for a second.So please if you are not open minded then do not answer.And I don't want to hear what the Bible has to say,so that means no verses posted please.



I guess you could say that we really do not know what Jesus looks like except for those who were around in those days. My question is: Why do people argue if Jesus is black, blue or purple? If you have never seen a black person, hispanic person, native american person or asian person (or vice versa), would it not make sense to draw whatever looks like you?Or whatever is in your enviroment?



I mean who knows, the Jesus with the blue eyes and blonde hair could be some cowboy from down south. The Jesus with brown skin and dreads could be a brotha from Queens, NY that drives a public transportation vehicle...who really knows????



I think that as long as you have some type of connection to a higher power whether Buddah, Allah, God or whomever thats all that matters.Right?



Jesus, and His Looks...?

hahaha thats funny about tha cowboy %26amp; queens part. honestly u r right %26amp; it shouldnt matter but do to racist people %26amp; times things were blown out of proportion %26amp; it shouldnt matter but sum people think that it does.. but if u n tha desert for 40 days %26amp; nights then i u would have a tan if im not right. %26amp; whether u want 2 hear it or not it does state in the bible his skin was of bronze %26amp; his hair was as lambs wool.......but ur still right %26amp; it shouldnt matter... society just has too many high standards



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Sorry, but I don't agree.



Read my name.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

If Jesus existed he looked like people from Israel. A Semite with Middle Eastern features.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

we have a good idea what he would look like



this is an artists impression of someone around the same era and area



http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1240000/im...



but no I dont believe it matters



edit



thumbs down for what ? lol



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Wrong. Jesus is the only way to heaven, and the Bible is 100% truth. The fact that you want to dismiss it, shows where you're at, which isn't good.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Exactly.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I would agree with you. I just put it differently.



It doesn't really matter what he looked like. He died for our sins and presented his shed blood in sacrifice on our behalf. It wasn't the color of his skin or his ethnicity that offers us hope of salvation.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I think Jesus probably looked a lot like his neighbors. If he was different from everyone else, it probably would have been mentioned in the bible. Since the bible did not comment on his appearence, I think he looked a lot like his Jewish family. We can paint any picture of Jesus we want, but the important thing is the soul. Our souls have no color, and we are all children of God.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

No, I do not believe that having a connection is all you need. Your statement regarding his color is interesting, however I have never needed Jesus to be of my ethnic background or culture in order to serve him and worship him with my life. He is God and I am not, and that is all that really matters.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

i agree with you about saying believing in a higher power matters. but since jesus did come from the middle east it's not likely that he had blonde hair and blue eyes.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I agree with you. it would only be natural to draw him as someone that looks similar to you and your people. believing in a higher power is what the root is- not what he looks like- it makes no difference what he looks like as long as you believe in the right and just.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I agree. I think that people seek to worship that which they can identify with.



The reality is that Jesus was a middle eastern man (a Jew) who most like had darker skin, a prominent nose and quite possibly even short curly(ish) hair. It would have been very dark.



Does it matter? No, of course not. But many people have a difficult time envisioning this being and need to be able to categorize these religious figures in some way familiar to themselves. I don't even know if it's wrong. I think it is simply human nature.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Actually, Jesus was Jewish, so he would have had an eastern Mediterranean look with darker skin.



The point is not so much how he looks, but whether or not we have invited Him into our hearts by His Holy Spirit.



There's a song we sing in our church, "I want to see Jesus", et cetera. I say, look around you. Look at the people who have Jesus in their hearts.



When you see someone feeding the hungry, you've seen the face of Jesus.



When you see someone clothing the naked, you've seen the face of Jesus.



When you see someone having compassion on another soul, you've seen the face of Jesus.



I am a Christian, but I think this applies to ANY body who reaches out to touch someone else's life in love and compassion.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

first of all i feel what you are trying to say,Being a black woman who grew up in church all her life and decided at the age of 17teen i need a break,but i have the lord in my heart always,now,in the bible it says jesus hair was like wool and his skin was bronze color,so automatically it may seem to people that he might be black,to me i do believe there is a higher spirit and that is no question to me,now i can sit here and type a sermon on this but there is no point in it if you believe in god then believe if you don't believe that is on you,but the pictures of christ are like a honor unto him,i don't take the pictures of christ for no one knows what he looks like,but we can feel him we can see the things that he has done and just look at it like that,who is to say your religion is better than mine no one so there is no case love ya sweetie god is good all the time and all the time god is god,so if someone says to you that you should believe in jehova or lslam you tell them the same god that made you made me too and just leave like that,peace out nettdogg



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I would have to look through my books but at least two Roman historians described Jesus as being short, with skin "the color of burnt olives" and dark tightly curly hair.



He was not a six feet tall blond with blue eyes as some modern artist like to portray him.



In the end if you really do connect with Jesus's message then it doesn't matter what he looks like or what the person next to looks like, you should love them all the same.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Some very ugly people like to deny that Jesus was Jewish, that Christianity has absolutely no roots in Judaism. And one way, is to point to Western depictions of what He looked like, a blue eyed blonde Aryan.So, I dont agree that his are not an important consideration. Your well-intentioned observations not withstanding.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

he would have looked like the rest of the people where he was born and does it matter what he looks like its what he did for us that we must remember



Jesus, and His Looks...?

I think Jesus in human form looked like the Jewish people because He was born of the Jews. He did not have blonde hair or blue eyes. Having a deep connection to God really matters to me.



Jesus, and His Looks...?

In Isaiah 53:2 , it tells that Jesus was just average looking .



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Well it doosen't matter if JESUS was black , Blue or Purple . There lived a Man whom every one admired . The present pictures / fotos we see of JESUS is b'coz history and tradition made us or wanted us to believe that JESUS had blonde hair and he was white . I feel that the color dosen't matter the person does . And so JESUS is not an imaginary person , He's real and I like so many others belive HE lived and Lives and will always LIve .



"JESUS bless us and be our lite ".



Jesus, and His Looks...?

Jesus said to me once..."I'm the glamorous type" and do you know what I said?... I said, "So what!"

No comments:

Post a Comment