Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Do People Think that Race is a Physical Thing When it is Actually Ethnic???

I'm so tired of people being uneducated about race. People actually rely on their eyes on what a person's race is. If someone does that they are most likely going to get a person's race wrong. I have seen many biracial people that physically look more of one race over the other when they are actually both! My cousin is white and asian she looks straight up asian. You would never even think that she is part white just by looking at her. Just because she looks more asian than white does that make her less white? Hell no it doesn't! I have a friend that is black and white and he looks more white than black, the only black thing about him is that he has dark hair and eyes, most people mistake him for Italian. Does that make him less black? Hell no it doesn't! That girl from High School Musical, Vanessa Hudgens is white and asian, but comes out looking hispanic. Just because she looks hispanic does that mean she's not white and asian? Hell no! Race is more than physical apperance!!!



Why Do People Think that Race is a Physical Thing When it is Actually Ethnic???

I hear you, especially about Vanessa Hudgens, people on youtube were saying she was Hispanic...I'm just like, the girls' White and Asain and she said it! And they were just like, no she isnt, she doesnt look like it.



*Oh yeah, I almost forgot, one of my best friends is Chinese-Italian, I would have never knew that if she didnt tell me, and most other people assume that she is only Asian. *



Why Do People Think that Race is a Physical Thing When it is Actually Ethnic???

I know who I am inside,it doesn't matter if someone every now and then gets it wrong! I simply, make the correction and go on. If they want to stand there and say "well ,you have a straight nose",you look more of this or that. I simply say excuse me!" and go on.



It's not for me ,to prove to anyone .Who I am!



What worries me more is how they treat me,no matter how I look.because one day my hair is kinky,one day straight!



There are so many wonderful things within the cultures themselves.To know.And many terrible things in each culture!



So, it is in the individuals' soul,heart,and mind~

No comments:

Post a Comment