Thursday, October 8, 2009

Guys and ladies, and biracial people?

When filling out forms, questions often ask for race (White, Black [of hispanic origin, not of hispanic origin], Asian/pacific islander, or Native American. There is never a place for mixed



people.



haf black/white people usually just consider blacks



but the half asian/white people I met considered themselves"Eurasian"



not just asian,because they look half and half,and the full blood asian people think their whites, white people think their asians.



and halflatino/white people usually look very white,some even have blone hair and blue eyes.



Do you think government need to add a place for mixed people like( ''bi-racial''______and_____)fi... in the box.



some mixed people would filled in "other" but I don't think most people would like to be called "other".



more and more babies are mixed nowadays.



btw I am asian girl want to have a"Eurasian"baby



Guys and ladies, and biracial people?

The whole concept of racial labeling is RACIST into itself. Once you decide to travel that path you are doomed to fall prey to ignorance and bias and racist traps. There are no pure races. Everybody is a mix of their gene pool. Thank God we have a diversity in our genes. Would we be happy if every canine dog was an exact duplicate of all the rest? Then consider the blessing that we all don't profile exactly the same.



Guys and ladies, and biracial people?

That's pretty sad if your reason to have a child is in order to come up with some look or hybrid.



Guys and ladies, and biracial people?

This is the whole absurdity of putting people into racial categories. What about people who consider themselves to be, say, 50% white, 25% black and 25% Asian... shouldn't they have a space on the form too? I am considered white, but I have relatives who look just like me and have lived in South America for generations, are they Latino?



Guys and ladies, and biracial people?

I don't believe anybody should have to check a box. The racism issue will never go away as long as we continue to put ourselves in categories. It is my hope that everybody looks like me. That being said...If you insist on putting me in a box, then I am an "other." I have always maintained that. I am neither black nor white. I am not Hispanic, or Native American. I am not Southern Pacific or Asian. The fact is I am all of these things. I am a chameleon and people see me however they want to see me. And yes, there are a lot more of my kind coming up now then there ever were when I was a child. Here's hoping people continue to cross the color/ethnic boundaries and screw each other till we're all the same color.

No comments:

Post a Comment